Rail Safety Consulting offers on-site process audits / field operations audits as an unbiased and independent 3 rd party, guaranteeing the best possible quality for our clients.
The RSC operational assessment team is comprised of over 20 highly qualified individuals, with extensive experiences with FRA Regulations, AAR & AREMA Rules, and GCOR and NORAC. Other competencies include:
- Reviewing and Auditing Internal Procedures
- Formulating and conducting Internal Safety and Security Audit Programs for transit agencies
Project teams consist of 3-4 members, each auditing a defined area. All team members are familiar with transit and railroad operations through our extensive history and current ISA role for PTC/CBTC deployment.
To ensure an optimal outcome for every project and customer, RSC uses a standardized Audit Approach.
Our evaluation approach considers all of the railroad’s line operations departments for field review, particularly:
- Transportation / Operation
- Operations Control Center
System Safety and Training Evaluation follow a “deep-dive” approach, concentrating on the following areas: Track, signal and rolling stock maintenance, inspection and repair practices.
- Communication between Mechanical and Transportation Depts.
- Worker Protection / Shop and Yard Safety
- Locomotive Engineer Oversight.
- Rules and Procedures